Zevrix's Application

Discussion in 'Archived Apps' started by Zevrix, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zevrix

Zevrix Woof

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Name
    Jennifer

Age (must be 18+)

Do you have any friends in the guild? If so, who?
    Unfortunately, no.

Main Character
    Lilia Fidan / Ayumi Moriko

Character Name

Race
    Sylvari / Human

Profession(Class)
    Elementalist / Ranger

What role do you wish to play in the guild? For example: PvP, PvE, Casual/Social
    Mostly PVE and casual PVP. In addition, I've roleplayed in games in the past, and may be interested in doing so again in Guild Wars 2.

Which previous MMO's or online games have you played and how long for?
    I started with Ultima Online in 1999 and played for a year but then started college and didn't have time anymore.

I started playing FFXI when it came out in North America in 2003 and played off and on (mostly on) until recently.

In the time that I wasn't playing FFXI (and occasionally when I was), I was playing WoW.

I put a _lot_ of hours into both of these games, though I played much more WoW endgame than FFXI. If you are familiar with FFXI, you know how brutal it is to get to and engage in the end game there. In the last few years, I've played FFXI more casually and WoW more competitively- including heroic raids.

Though it's barely worth mentioning, I also briefly played Aion when it was released and Guild Wars 1.

Were you a part of a guild? What was your experience?
    My own guild in FFXI was mostly social, but I later joined a guild for Dynamis (the end game at the time). It was a disorganized mess, but I enjoyed the time I spent with them.

I was in a couple of WoW guilds. I joined a hard-core raiding guild during vanilla WoW and for the first part of BC. It was a den of officer favortism and loot council unfairness, but when it came to actually doing the fights together, it was great fun. I took a raiding break until shortly after LK came out and then joined a casual raiding guild. It was enjoyable, but we never made much progress, and I got frustrated with the member turnover rate and lack of a "guild family" atmosphere.

I moved on to a larger, more competitive guild, and enjoyed that very much until, again, members began to come and go like through a revolving door. I remained in that guild, even as it shrank from about 50 members to 5. I'm still in it to this day, but we've all taken a long break from WoW.

Though I've always been, and still am, driven to be the best player I can be, my desire to spend hours and hours hitting my head against a wall in a raid to make a tiny bit of progress has waned dramatically. Many times I've forgotten to have fun while trying to be "one of the best." Guild Wars 2 seems like the perfect game to help me get back to just _enjoying_ a persistent online world with its fun and engaging combat system, loads of storytelling, and a less competitive atmosphere.

How did you hear about the Guild?
    I've been following news about GW2 for about a year. In recent months, I've done that through GW2 Guru. I saw your podcasts there and watched/listened to them all.

I was drawn to the fact that your guild has a hand in every aspect of the game, and that your officers are very informed about their particular areas of expertise. Having an age-limit is a bit of a relief, and I like that you have such a tight-knit group- even though it means it's harder for new members to be accepted. :P

What will you bring to the ALTTABME community? (Chatty? Skilled? Funny? Helping?)
    I tried not to spoil too much about the game before it was released, even as I was ravenous for new information. Therefore, I am not yet fully aware of all the nuances of combat, lore or PVP. I don't have a finalized build for all of my characters or my crafting route planned for max efficiency. What I do have is an eagerness to learn these things and experience the game to the fullest.

I'm generally a quiet person, but I'm often helpful and generous. I have a tendency to farm for things to relax, then send the loot off to my friends or guild.

I'm a pretty good strategist in PVP, and like to sneak in and steal a win right under the enemy's nose.

I've had my fill of drama, so I'm often a mediator in disputes.

All in all, I'm a well-rounded and even-tempered guild member. I help out with what I can and share often.

Will Arcanix be the only guild you join?
    Other than my personal guild for storage, yes.

Is there anything else you would like to throw in here at the end?
    I haven't had a tight-knit guild family in a long time, and I miss it very much.

I'm sorry if this application seems a bit stuffy. I'm really just a laid-back dorky girl that loves video games and playing with the same group of people every night. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. tr1age

tr1age [Community Leader] Butterflies!

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +3,245
    This made me want to cry. NO TIME??? Pffftt college was all about time. :)

3. Zevrix

Zevrix Woof

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +118
    I barely had time for sleep in the beginning! But as you can see, by 2003 I had much more time on my hands. :)

4. tr1age

tr1age [Community Leader] Butterflies!

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +3,245
    I wanna see what the others think.

5. Gyoin

Gyoin Over Analystical Extreme Gambler

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +1,953
    I'm a fan! Definitely a +1 from me.