New Application Process

Discussion in 'Archived Apps' started by tr1age, Jan 20, 2014.

1. tr1age

tr1age [Community Leader] Butterflies!

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +3,245
    We have now opened the applications to the members of this forum. We feel as though since this community is run by the members, why not have the members be the ones who decide if an app goes through.

There is no longer a right or wrong time to put in an application. An approved app will need a majority yes votes from TAB members(that now have access to the applications and poll questions) and that member is in. So that means, get to know some people, because your fate rests in their hands!

Welcome to AltTabMe!

2. TIG

TIG I like GOOOOOLLLLD!

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +1,430
  3. Rajax

Rajax

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +81
  4. PsionicFox

PsionicFox Future Man

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +271
    I would add a caveat. You have to have been a member for a certain period of time (like 3 months+) before you can vote. I don't know if that's possible, but it should be a thing.

5. Baldoraxx

Baldoraxx Internalizing Master Of Casual

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +403
    Yeah i agree with Fox -brucethumbsup-

6. Gyoin

Gyoin Over Analystical Extreme Gambler

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +1,953
    Well, I think all (except maybe 1 or 2) of our current members have all been here long enough to understand the type of people we're looking for. I'd have no problem letting all current members voting on this process.

How about this tr1agetr1age
    Ahh, it ate my message after adding you.

All current members have a that Member title and all people accepted through the new application process have that Recruit status (that somehow Nadrik still has), and after X time (like PF said, maybe 3 months), bump up to member status. Just so we can keep it relatively organized.
    Or is that too much work/effort and doesn't matter?

7. TIG

TIG I like GOOOOOLLLLD!

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +1,430
    I was thinking last night that on top of the required number of yes votes, they must have more yes than no votes. That way if the majority doesn't like them they can't get in just cause they have the min number of yesses.

8. Euchale

Euchale Crazy German Guy

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +729
    I wanted to like this post, but I can not.

9. Keleynal

Keleynal Jesus Freak

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +998
    How democratic of you. I like that member feedback is going to be a factor for new members, but I would prefer the final decision remain with leadership. That way, we can still blame them if it goes wrong.

10. Simpwn

Simpwn Praise the Sun!

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +407
    I like this idea. Will it require a certain number of approvals from members or just an overall consensus? Are there going to be just approved/denied or can we still deny and reapply?

Will we be able to rate the posts on this forum?

11. Gyoin

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +1,953
    How about a "Minimum of 4 yes votes with majority rule within X time frame", so that everyone has a chance to look at it and give their input. Maybe 3-7 days?

12. tr1age

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +3,245
    3 months? You people are crazy. If you are a tab member you can vote. Likelyhood is with the new system the guy is going to need to get to know people anyway and a new tab member vote won't hurt anyone.

I agree the 4 votes may be trivial just more yes than no may be just right.

Community consensus like reddit but not idiotic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Zakis

Zakis War Priestess

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +1,020

No need for 3 month period. Like it was stated earlier, almost all of the current members have been here for a good while, which means we will be starting off with veterans voting. I agree with T1Gs on the more yes than no votes though.

14. Keleynal

Keleynal Jesus Freak

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +998
    So all I need is about 4 mule accounts and I can hijack this whole thing...

15. Gyoin

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +1,953
    You'd have to put the effort into getting to know people as each account and be accepted as a member on each first.

16. Keleynal

Keleynal Jesus Freak

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +998
    No problem, I only have 1 more to go!

17. Curtech

Curtech You were indicted

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I don't know if I prefer either way but the ability to assign blame is a must-have; never has there been a successful community without scapegoating.

Okay seriously but what happens after they've received a majority yes vote after whatever period of time? Will an officer just formally invite? I'm assuming you'd do a quick check to make sure we aren't all drunkards voting yes for someone who makes an application on the level of Tristan's for shits and giggles.

18. tr1age

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +3,245
    I already have systems in place in the back end that track multi users. Hasn't failed once yet.

19. tr1age

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +3,245
    I will let in anyone the community approves. Simple as that. Be adults.

20. TIG

TIG I like GOOOOOLLLLD!

Achievement Pts:
    Ratings:
    +1,430
    Tr1age is the only person who has the power to give website privileges like seeing the members forum. I will still be reading every app.

Me Zakis and Tr1age will most likely be locking the apps after they reach a consensus on votes and policing you bozos so the derailments don't get too out of hand. I personally would like to see very little derailment or bs in the apps. Save that for the hello thread or other parts of the site.

When the tread gets locked will probably be the time a formal invite goes out then the next time Tr1age logs on and remember to do it they will get member access.